Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Touching the Torch

On a patriotism scale from 1 to 10 (1 being American and 10 being someone with a Canadian maple leaf tattooed on their body) I would say I am a 5. Ish.

I stand for anthems, sing out loud, vote, and feel proud and priviliged to live in this country when I think about it.

Ordinarily, I don't get very excited about the Olympics. But, now that I hear they're coming to Canada - Vancouver, is it? - I'm actually a bit interested. I agree with Kevin, who says he's glad the world will get to see our beautiful country and I am more inclined to tune in since it's on our soil.

So, yesterday I was thinking about the Olympic torch and how it is making its way from coast to coast. I was pretty dejected when I realized I had been too forgetful and/or lazy to find out when it would be in town and go be a part of it.

I told this to Kevin and Jim last night while eating dinner at The Rousseau House in Ancaster. No less than 10 minutes later, an Olympic torch runner, complete with white track suit and all, came into the restaurant holding the aforementioned torch!

It was pretty exhilirating and I got to have my little moment with the Canadian spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment